Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Hi again Ely. Tried all the websites you gave me and cant

Hi again Ely. Tried all the websites you gave me and can't find a pro bono criminal attorney. so will have to wait to see what happens and then ask for public defender. I just wondered what a ballpark figure might be as to approximately how long it takes for them to decide to charge me or at what timeframe I can start to breathe again....thanks for all you help YOUR ARE GREAT....Joyce Helsley
Hello friend.

I just wondered what a ballpark figure might be as to approximately

This really depends on the case and the attorney, but at least a few thousand, generally speaking. More if you wish to go to trial.

how long it takes for them to decide to charge me or at what timeframe

I hate to tell you this, but this depends on the type of offense the prosecutor brings and aggravating or mitigating circumstances... so I cannot tell you a time frame. I am sorry. I know that you wish to know when this will be surely over. Just from this general overview, I cannot say. You would need to speak to an attorney face to face for this.

Gentle Reminder: Again, surely you prefer that I be honest in my answer – please remember that rating negatively due to receiving bad news still hurts the expert – it is simply the way that the system is set up. Please use REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. (You may always ask follow ups free after rating.)