Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I received 2 dui in GA. One in 1998 and the other in 1999..

Customer Question

I received 2 dui in GA. One in 1998 and the other in 1999.. I have not driven since then. I checked my status/SUSPENDED. I now reside in NC. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO GET LICENSE REINSTATED?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 years ago.

My name is Fran and I am a criminal lawyer.

You cannot get a license anywhere in the country until you get your driving privileges reinstated in Georgia.

What happened with the 2 DUI cases? Did you complete all of the requirements that were imposed on you when you were sentenced? And have you waited out the suspension period the judge sentenced you to as well, If so, you have to apply for reinstatement of your license. The state will not automatically restore your driving priviliges. Here's how Georgia says you can get your license reinstated. (See link) This article will walk you through it a bit more thoroughly. (see link)