Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My husband was on parole for dwi 4th. He was arrested a few

My husband was on parole for dwi 4th. He was arrested a few months ago for possession of meth and has a parole hold awaiting trial. He was with another man who admitted that the pipe was his yet when the police found the baggie in my husbands truck the man nor my husband took possession. He has not said a word about anything and his trial is in a month. I though he had been sober for 2 years on parole....Now without telling me he wrote a letter to get moved into another dorm which got him put into substance abuse classes. Will him going to substance abuse classes in jail awaiting trial for drugs hurt his chances to say he was not on drugs or drinking? Does the jail communicate with the judge and jury about his behavior and activities in jail? He went through an intensive rehabilitation program inorder to get the 10 year sentence he was serving when he was arrested this time reduced to serving 1 year and basically suspending 7 of ten. So what will this do to or for his present case and possible parole violation?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing you information in this regard

Being in a substance abuse class while is jail is relatively normal. So it should not affect anything as far as his parole violation. What it does actually is say "I have a problem" and I am trying to get help and the members of the Parole Board will appreciate that.

But this informaiton is not simply released to the DA or the court. It is something your husband's defense counsel can bring up at the hearing.

Should be be violated for this arrest and new charge, then his remaining sentence may be imposed by the Board -

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.