Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.

I (victim) was taped by a detective. My main question is, can

I (victim) was taped by a detective. My main question is, can he use it in an AZ domestic violence court if I am not there?
I ask this because I was exhausted, prompted, and even though I said I have many medical maladies, I was not allowed to get my meds until after. So on top of everything, I was also in pain and a high level of anxiety & depression.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
My main question is, can he use it in an AZ domestic violence court if I am not there?
If this recording was used as part of an investigation by the police and you were advised it was being recorded, then it can be used as part of any criminal case as evidence. So if the DA is prosecuting someone for domestic violence, they can use that as part of their prosecution. However, they would have to subpoena you as a witness to verify the authenticity of the recording and confirm that it was you that made the statements.
This is the primary purpose that detectives conduct investigations and interviews with victims or that they can be used in any later criminal prosecution.
With that said, you could maintain that you were coersed into making statements by the police, but if they are true, the fact that you were pressured into making them wouldn't override the evidentiary value of the statements.

I am sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.