Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I have federal drug conspiracy charge. i want to know the validity

I have federal drug conspiracy charge. i want to know the validity of administering a motion to dismiss a case on lack of jurisdiction based upon that states the Federal government has no jurisdiction on criminal federal matters beyond the District of Columbia(DC) and federal property. Article 14 of Virginia constitution states That the people have a right to uniform government; and, therefore, that no government separate from, or independent of, the government of Virginia, ought to be erected or established within the limits thereof. so they have not been given legislative jurisdiction under Virginia to allow them to enact laws that are a violation of my US constitution rights. My understanding is this charge is invalid! am i correct?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that while sovereign citizens and some minority groups claim that this is the case, the US Supreme Court has held differently continuously stating that because drugs are sold in commerce the federal government gets their criminal enforcement authority under the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution. You can raise your argument, but the US District Court will dismiss your motion I am afraid.

I am afraid your understanding is not taking into account the US Constitution Commerce Clause and also the US Constitution stating that anything that the federal government does not take jurisdiction on would be left to the states and they have taken criminal jurisdiction here which is also shared with the states.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.