Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Is there a web address where I can print off the forms to make

Is there a web address where I can print off the forms to make a criminal complaint at the Federal and State levels or physical addresses that I can go to in the Norfolk VA area?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

Can you please tell me more about this situation, so I can understand what you are trying to do?

Customer:

I'm trying to file a criminal complaint on a police officer at the state and federal levels.

Alex J. Esq. :

Thank you for your follow up.

Alex J. Esq. :

Unfortunately, you cannot file a criminal complaint against a private person or police officer.

Alex J. Esq. :

There is a different process.

Alex J. Esq. :

Is this local, state or federal officer?

Customer:

He is local.

Alex J. Esq. :

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq. :

The proper way to do this, is to file a complaint against the officer with the officer's police department.

Alex J. Esq. :

The police department chief / internal affairs will investigate your complaint and will take proper action upon conclusion of the investigation.

Alex J. Esq. :

Also, you can file a complaint against this officer with your local DA / State Attorney and it will be reviewed as well.

Customer:

I plan to do that,but I was trying to do it at all three levels

Alex J. Esq. :

What is the nature of your complaint?

Alex J. Esq. :

What did this police officer do?

Customer:

Would there be a link where I can print off needed forms?

Customer:

My complaint is profiling without just cause.

Alex J. Esq. :

There are no standard forms to print

Alex J. Esq. :

You would have to type up your complaint on your personal letterhead and then submit them to the Police Internal Affairs and to DA

Alex J. Esq. :

Generally, the FBI would not get involved in such cases of the alleged profiling, unless it is a high profile case or forwarded to them from the state level.

Customer:

What would I need to do to get my complaint at the state level?.

Alex J. Esq. :

To contact local DA / State Attorney and you will be able to submit your written complaint to them.

Alex J. Esq. :

They are the state level prosecutors

Customer:

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq. :

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor