I am on the process of expungement
for a misdemeanor
I submitted an application for expungement already and court
date is next Friday.
By the way, my attorney says today that I may be able to get my case expunged without going to the court.
I am in certain confusion and want to clear it ;
My questions are ;
1. May I get my case expunged without going to court ?
- I understood that I could get expungement in front of a Judge in the court only
and I have received the court date from the court already.
2. Which court does handle misdemeanor case ? civil court or criminal
- my attorney says it is civil court while my case is a criminal case,misdemeanor
3. Does Expungement application form ask my fingerprint definitely ?
- I signed on the form of application but no fingerprint for any purpose.
Area for My case : Harris County, Houston, TEXAS