Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Is it Federal law the same in all USA? In other words can

Is it Federal law the same in all USA?
In other words can I hire an attorney from New York? Or you to help me with this case? Or it happened in Texas I have to get a Texas attorney?

While Federal statues are the same in all judicial districts Federal case law evolves differently in each Federal Judicial Circuit. Lawyers have to be specially admitted to the Federal Bar and being able to practice in one circuit doesn't automatically get them into another.

So you would need a 5th Circuit Federal lawyer for a Texas case. You could try the Texas Bar Association's lawyer referral service to find one or use a commercial legal referral service like
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so so much for your valuable information and your time
You're very welcome!