Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I have a court hearing tomorrow for the determinent of guilly/not

I have a court hearing tomorrow for the determinent of guilly/not guilty. If guilty do I go to jail right then, or can I remand myself in a reasonable time period? Charge is DUI and 10 consecutive most likely.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If guilty do I go to jail right then, or can I remand myself in a reasonable time period?
.
Assuming you are not currently in custody, then either you or your attorney can ask the judge for a reporting date and time for you to voluntarily appear at the jail to serve any time. It is also possible for you to ask to be able to serve consecutive weekends if you are employed and it would interfere with your employment.
.
Typically a judge would allow you to turn yourself in on Friday to begin serving any time so you can get anything done that you need to before then.
.
Keep in mind that this is based on my prior experience as a Public Defender having handled hundreds of DUI cases and your actual outcome could be different.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see a post, but I don't see anything in it... may be a glitch in the system..
.
Did you have further questions or need clarification on my answer?
.
.
Thanks