Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My 19 year old son is dating, and was living with, his 16 year

Customer Question

My 19 year old son is dating, and was living with, his 16 year old girlfriend in an apartment. They lost the apartment and had to move in with me, his father. Is there a problem with this? Can i get in trouble for moving her in to my house? What can I do to stop from getting in any trouble?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

When she was in the apartment with your son, did her parents know where she was?

Do they know now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes. Her parents are split and she really only deals with her Mother. However, that relationship is why she had moved out in the first place. She has been in and out of her Mothers house for the last few years. When she got kicked out of her Mothers home that last time, approximately 3 weeks ago, her and my 19 year old son moved into an apartment (a room in a friends house) together. The Mother knew they were living together. Yesterday my Son call me and informed me that the room was no longer going to be available and that they would have to move out. With no where else to go he asked if they could move in to our house. The Mother knows they are living together at our house but she has not been told where our house is.

Hello

Ok. As long as the Mother knows she is safe.

She is of age to consent to sexual relations, so the Mother has no claim there

And as far as her living with your son in your home, if the Mother calls the police and they come - they will check to see she is in a safe environment and doing well and report back to the Mother that the girl is safe.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have one more question relating to the same issue. In Feb. we plan on taking a trip from NJ to FL. We plan on taking the 16 year old girlfriend with us. Can I legally take her with us? Should I have written permission from her Mother?

Hello

I suggest that you will need to have written permission from the Mother. You do not want to be transporting the minor out of the state.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

This information was very helpful. Thank you very much.

Hello

You are very welcome

Thank you and good luck