LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

In MI if you are charged with a misdemeanor and you are pro

In MI if you are charged with a misdemeanor and you are pro se can you meet with the prosecutor to try and reduce the charges prior to arraignment?

Good afternoon Gena,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, you may by all means try to get the attention of the prosecutor before the arraignment and see about negotiating a plea. And, if you cannot get time with them before the hearing, you might consider just pleading not guilty, and then waiting until after the court session has ended and speak with the prosecutor at that time.

You can also contact the prosecutor's office and see if you can speak with the prosecutor assigned to your case a couple of days before the arraignment. They can sometimes discuss a deal with you. Other times, they won’t have yet had a chance to see what they are dealing with and will ask you to speak with them at the hearing.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

I wish you the best in your future.

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Gina. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.