CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I got a trespass from a public park because the prson of authority

Customer Question

I got a trespass from a public park because the prson of authority does not lik me and has a vendetta towards me. I was told to leave a sports complex cause I had a small trailer hooked to a vehicle the city employee told me to remove it or they would have it towed I told them I couldn't remove it ,that I was participating in the ballgame scheduled to start in ten minutes they started yelling at me stating that I needed to remove it or I would be removed by law enforcement . I was trespassed and not allowed to continue in the event
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 months ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Just to be clear, the police were called and you were issued a citation for trespassing? Also, were there any signs posted or is it the policy of the park for the trailer that you had hooked to not be allowed in the park?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no signs ,the police did come and wrote a trespass but did not give me a copy. I have been having issues with this particular person prior to this happening

Thank you for the additional information. A major issue which needs to be looked into, is if the park rules prevent you from having the trailer inside the park. The reason I say this is because if it is not allowed, this person who you have had issues with, would have a legal right to ask you to remove it. However, if there was nothing wrong with it and no violation of the park or county code, then there may have been no legal basis to ask you to remove it or to even leave the park. Moreover, if you refused to remove it and continued to play in the game, they should have had it towed or removed by law enforcement, like they claimed. In order to be issued a citation for trespassing, you would have had to have had no legal right to be there in the first place ( which does not seem to be the case since you were playing in the game) or would have had to be have been asked to lease and refused. You said they asked you to remove the trailer but said nothing about you not being able to stay there. The facts are certainly odd and would need to be looked into. You could have legal defenses and may want to fight this, so hiring an attorney or asking to be appointed the public defender is certainly a good option. As I mentioned before, speak with the city and ask about the rules for having the trailer, as I think they is a key issue to your defense.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!