Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

Is there a website for Fairfax county VA to see if there is

Customer Question

Is there a website for Fairfax county VA to see if there is a warrent issued against me? I am assuming charges are going to be brought against me by campus police and I do not want them to come to my work or home to try to arrest me. So I want to check to see if there is a site I can check to turn myself in when a warrent is issued
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 3 years ago.
My name is Nate. I have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

There is no such website anywhere in the country. The way you determine whether there is a warrant for your arrest is to physically go to the police headquarters and inquire. If there is one, they will proceed to book you at that point.

The reason there is no way to check without physically going to the police is because it would encourage people to flee and hide if they knew there was a warrant outstanding. You're obviously not trying to do that, but you're still going to have to physically go to the police to inquire.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!