Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

During a Pre-Trial conference in a Pennsylvania civil court

During a Pre-Trial conference in a Pennsylvania civil court pertaining to custody that both the Plaintiff and Defendant were sworn in under oath. The Judge directed a question to the plaintiff in regards XXXXX XXXXX Exclusive Posession order in which the Plaintiff is required to bring all utility and bankruptcy payments current. The Judge asked the plaintiff directly; in the matter of the exclussive posession, are all utilities and bankruptcy payments current ? The plaintiff answers "yes". The plaintiff kwoingly and willfully answered this question falsely because she is completely aware that she is not current.
Does this fall under "Perjury" ?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, if he was under oath and was testifying and intentionally testified falsely, it was perjury. The defendant would have to present evidence to the court that the testimony was false and the plaintiff knew it was false and then it is up to the court to either sanction for perjury or refer to the DA's office or decide what action to take. If the court has not taken any action, the defendant can present the evidence of the court transcript showing the false testimony with the proof of the truth and it is up to the DA to decide whether or not to charge the plaintiff.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.