Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

Question: I wanted to buy drugs and made a deal to do so. I

Question: I wanted to buy drugs and made a deal to do so. I knocked on the door and the person let me in knowingly that I was going to purchase weed. I then decided to steal it from him and duct taped his wrists and stole his laptop.

Since I was let in as described is the home invasion charge not valid. And also on the other point can the other charges be reduced -burglary, assault etc also be dropped.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Just because the victim was doing something illegal (selling weed), it does not change the fact he was essentially robbed. All a burglary requires is the entry into a building with the intent to commit a felony. Robbery is certainly a felony so you have been properly charged based on the facts.

Whether you get it reduced depends largely on the skills of your lawyer and whether you have a prior record or not. It sounds like if you went to trial you would be convicted as you have been charged so if your lawyer can get anything lesser it would be a good idea to take it.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

And what I noted previously had to do with burglary. Home invasion has to do with forcible entry. You would not likely be found guilty for that.