Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Fran, Where is the answer to Anova?

Fran, Where is the answer to Anova?
Hi, I'm Michelle and I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent Fran a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thank you

Sorry for the delay but I had other business to attend to this morning.

I see no question that you ever sent me having to do with any business named Anova. If there's information you need me to find for you, use the reply box below to provide me with some details so that I know what i'm looking for. An email or snail mail address will give me a good place to start.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran,

Sorry for the delay- I am going overseas on Friday and have lots todo.

I did add all the stuff about Anova on one of the reply forms, however it must have got lost in the transmission.

Anova Corporate Services, 18F Bund Centre 222Yanan Road East, Shanghai China or Martin [email protected] orPeterXXX@XXXXXX.XXX- they dont respond to emails!

I commenced dealing with these guys in 2007 however theASIC has recently prohibited them from carrying on any financial services in Aust.

I have written the dollars off years ago but I would like to know whether they are still operational and any suggestions about recouping some $$$'s ? I have quite a few documents that I could forward to you if you

thought may be helpful.They just bought and sold in the same arena.

I look forward to you reply

Unfortunately, there's no real way for me to verify whether this company is actually doing business and every reason to believe they were probably not a real company in the first place. If ASIC has denied them the right to trade, then odds are they aren't registered to trade in China either.

Outside of Hong Kong, there is no searchable corporate data base in China that would allow us to look up a business and see if it is legitimate and active. The Chinese financial regulatory authority -- the China Securities Regulatory Commission, does not have an online searchable data base. However, they can be contacted by fax at 010-66210205 and by email [email protected] They may be able to tell you something about them.

Clearly, if they have defrauded you, you'd have legal remedies you could exercise if 1) you could find them and 2) you have not waited too long to bring an action under Chinese law. Your best bet to learn if you could recoup your losses would be to contact your Embassy in China and to have them recommend a good lawyer with whom you could consult on this matter. If he tells you that a suit would still be viable after all of this time, he should be in a position to find out if they really exist and/or to hire an investigator to get more information.

Experience: Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.