Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I was convicted of endangering the welfare of a child--possession

I was convicted of endangering the welfare of a child--possession on child pornography on the internet in 2003. I was a teacher in NJ and have since had my NJ teacher licence revoked. I served three years of probation (2003-2006) for
this offense, Now I received a letter from the PA dept. of education informing me I am liable for disciplinary action from PA (I went to college in PA). I NEVER taught in PA, and if I had a copy of my PA cert. I wouldn't know where it is. Should I worry about this letter? Again, I served my probation, and NEVER used my PA licence or taught in PA.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
To be honest with you, they are likely going to take the administrative action of revoking your PA certificate. So if you have no intentions of fighting the action, then there wouldn't be any reason for you to take the time and effort to respond and they will just revoke it by default.
.
Since this would be an administrative action, there is not anything else they can do to you but revoke your teaching certificate. If you choose not to respond, they will just eventually send you a formal notice that they held a hearing and the board voted to revoke your license.
.
.
Thanks

Thanks so much for the positive rating and generous bonus, it is very much appreciated!

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. Please feel free to ask for me if you need help with anything in the future and I will do everything I can to help or get you to someone who can.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a copy of my PA certificate. I was always under the impression that it expires after so many years, and I never taught a day in a PA school. If they ask me to send a copy back, and I don't have one, what could they do to me?

If they ask me to send a copy back, and I don't have one, what could they do to me?
.
Nothing. This is just an administrative action, not a criminal or civil one. So if you just responded that you don't have the actual certificate, they will just cancel it in the system on their end and notify you via letter.
.
.
Thanks