Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

can i obtain a chl with a class a misdemeanor causing bodily

can i obtain a chl with a class a misdemeanor causing bodily injury family member in 2002
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

If you could, please describe exactly what happened and the precise name of the crime of which you were convicted. I will get right back to you with an answer.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

assault causing bodily injury family member, on October 22, 2002

AS it appears to be a crime of domestic violence, you would not be able to obtain a CHL. That would be the case under state law and federal law.

Under federal law, it is illegal for someone with a domestic violence conviction to own a firearm at all. If you do possess a firearm (hand gun or rifle, it doesn't matter), you could prosecuted by the US Attorney's office under federal law.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!