How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26460
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my criminal case was being tried in the wrong county of NY.

This answer was rated:

my criminal case was being tried in the wrong county of NY. I am being charged with a felony e criminal contempt and my current lawyer requested a CSI and it has been adjorned till jan 2014. my question is, when it gets transferred to a different count, with a brand new DA, court, judge and legal aid attorney, will they start fresh at day one like I was just arraigned or will they pick it up at the CSI where the previous county got with it.

If it gets transferred because the jurisdiction was defective, then it should start from scratch in the new county.
Zoey_ JD and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions