Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

my criminal case was being tried in the wrong county of NY.

my criminal case was being tried in the wrong county of NY. I am being charged with a felony e criminal contempt and my current lawyer requested a CSI and it has been adjorned till jan 2014. my question is, when it gets transferred to a different count, with a brand new DA, court, judge and legal aid attorney, will they start fresh at day one like I was just arraigned or will they pick it up at the CSI where the previous county got with it.

If it gets transferred because the jurisdiction was defective, then it should start from scratch in the new county.