Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice

I was just charge with a first time OVI. I am going in on Monday

Customer Question

I was just charge with a first time OVI. I am going in on Monday to request limited priviledges, what are my chances of getting them. I had a perfect driving record. I did not take the breat test. I am a type 2 Diebetics I had 1 glass of Merlot wine. I was drinking on a empty stomach. I got sick and left the club to get something to eat and to take my medicine. Do you think I will be granted the priviledges.. I have not been able to go to work I work to far and no bus service.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Failing to take the sobriety test yields an automatic minimum 1 year suspension. If you had taken the test as a first time violation the suspension would have been considerably less if at all.

As a first time offender with a perfect driving record a court can allow you limited privileges. To get them you will need to petition the court for limited driving privileges any time subsequent to the date on the notice of suspension. This petition may be filed in the municipal, county, or in the case of a minor, juvenile court with jurisdiction over the place at which the arrest occurred. ( The court when you appeared for the charge )

Occupational driving privileges cannot be granted during the first 30 days of suspension on a first offense.

If you found this answer informative please press accept at the appropriate level of service 3 or greater so I may get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.