Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
11688690

can a criminal case get deferred prosecution agreement even

can a criminal case get deferred prosecution agreement even if the person gets expungment first are does deferred prosecution agreement have to come before expungment.

which looks better on a job application. does expungment seal your recorded fro employees run background checks.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome! I am a licensed attorney and will be happy to assist you.

You asked:

The deferred prosecution MUST COME BEFORE the expungement - an expungement is an erasure of the criminal event.

An expungement proceeding is a type of proceeding in which a first time offender of a prior criminal conviction seeks that the records of that earlier process be sealed, thereby making the records unavailable through the state or Federal repositories. If successful, the records are said to be "expunged". Black's Law Dictionary defines "expungement of record" as the "Process by which record of criminal conviction is destroyed or sealed from the state or Federal repository." [Wikipedia]

Yes, an expungement seals your record so that the event doesn't even show up in a criminal records search of the individual - while deferred prosecution still shows.

So you want to get the deferred prosecution expunged later on.

What you should ask is - is there automatic expungement upon the completion of the deferred prosecution program. In some larger counties - it's automatic. In some smaller counties one has to file a motion with the court to get the matter expunged.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer.. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).

I wish you the best in the future.

Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: 20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what looks better when applying for a job expungment are deferred prosecution agreement dismissal of case after 1 year.

can anyone's recorded ever be completely deleted are removed.

does expungment destroy your recorded and can only be viewed by court order in Wisconsin

under deferred prosecution agreement dismissal of case can you request a finger print removal under prosecution agreement form.

Expert:  Law Pro replied 1 year ago.

Expungement is better because there will be NO record of the event whatsoever. It takes about 6 months for an expungement to take place - to get the matter off all the court computers and data bases. So just be aware of that - that although you get a court order of expungement - it's not automatic and immediately removed - it takes the state employees some time to remove the information.

In the "old days" when attorneys expunged the record, before computers, they used to go and "take the file" from the criminal court - then it was absolutely expunged. But now with the advent and use of computers - it takes awhile.

Well if it's ex

Correct! Even then - they can't discuss it - only for purposes of if one gets a second offense then the DA will bring up the prior conviction.