Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Hello...Ive been communicating with Ely. Hi, this is Liz.

Hello...I've been communicating with Ely. Hi, this is Liz. I have a two part question surrounding.

Years ago before my divorce I under went extreme sexual harassment by one of our own employees. We couldn't fire him because of his abilities and no one to replace him. My husband is an alcoholic and really did not realize the enormity of the pain and suffering I was enduring. Ok, one night I was speaking to someone close to me and I mentioned to them, I imagined something bad happening to him, like a car accident. They proceed to mention something like her ex might know someone who could take care of him and how much it could cost. Much later I realized that the local PD was illegally spying on my ex-husband and I for years and violating us and ruining our business for the creep who was abusing me. This conversation was never acted on or put into any sort of motion.

So when I mentioned to you before that I was concerned they put some sort of sealed warrant on me and now it's already 7 years of living in hell because of what that town did to me and now my career is destroyed and these cops just keep on and on abusing me and violation me with video surveillance and brain reading getting there sick, perverted (excuse my french) cookies off me.

So another member of my so called family is making threats against me, if I do anything to her family, that she will have me arrested. This is what happened a few months ago, a male in my area, who is a retired navy seal who is also an alcoholic, insisted quite admittedly that I visit him and so I did and he kept whispering over and over in my ear killer, but he was so drunk, I just blew it off and when he got out a handgun I left. A few weeks later he came to my house and was not so drunk and said he was this navy seal who could get in anywhere and no one would ever know it and he could take this guy out. He just brings this up out of the blue and then he kept whispering Killer over and over in my ear. I told him what happened was years ago and anyway I wouldn't do anything to that guy because my ex is still paying me alimony and this guy was his only
employee. So someone was filling this guy in with some details and trying to get me to say something to get me arrest since I'm still under surveillance. Isn't there some sort of state of limitations to run out here, and could the persons trying to get me setup be accused of something. The way I see it, they are no different that what happen all those years ago except I had some really mean people out to do me harm!!!!

Now,it's 7 years since this so call and if you want to call it anything happened and that sick town and now this sick town are keeping me trapped unable to exercise the right to an attorney.If your being treated like a criminal and held in captivity should you have the right to know why and to be able to present you side of what happened. They where illegally spying on me when they over heard this and have never stopped the spying.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello friend,

I hope you are well.

I understand the fact pattern you have presented. I know we had spoken previously about surveillance.

However, I am not sure what exactly you are asking here. Can you please clarify - what specifically can I answer for you?

Also, please accept my sincere apologies in advance as I have to step away from the computer for a little bit. As such, I may not be able to respond until later on tonight towards the evening. I hope this is acceptable (if not, let me know and I will promptly opt out and open this up for another expert - just let me know). So when you respond to my information request, understand that I may be offline, but should respond as soon as I can, which will be later on towards this evening (or perhaps even a late). But do not worry, I will not forget.

To get back to my question: what specifically can I answer for you in regards XXXXX XXXXX above?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Oh, sure Ely I know it's Friday night and after all this isn't going to be resolved this weekend, but would be nice.

Ok, first of all wouldn't the statue of limitations be out after 7 years and if they did do some sort of sealed warrant that is in a different county and how could that be in effect for the current county?

I just do not see how they can keep me trapped in this county and be unable to get legal assistance and the local attornies will not file suit on the city so I would need to go out of town and everytime I call any one they get to them so I never get anywhere.

I'm just trying to compare apples to apples as far as the situation that happen with me 7 years ago to current with individuals trying to set me up wouldn't them trying to get me to hire someone (set me up) be illegal, if what they are calling what I did illegal. Hope this helps. Thanks, Liz

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Good morning Ely!! Did you get my reply? I can resend it in a little while if you didn't. Going to make breakfast. Thanks, Liz

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Good morning.

Apologies for the wait.

I am afraid not. If there was a warrant, then it has no statute of limitations. Warrants do not "die." A statute of limitation refers to the time that the government has to charge someone with a crime from the time the crime was committed. But once the warrant is issued, it does not "die." An extreme case of this is the famous director Roman Polanski who fled the USA in late 1970s to avoid a criminal case and still cannot reenter due to an existing warrant.

You are free to leave if you want to. No one is holding you. Even if you have been threatened in any way by a private party, that party does not have a way to "hold" you in the county. You can leave. One cannot be arrested for simply leaving.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok, I'm still confused about the fact I've never been charged with a crime, yet they treat me like the most horrible criminal ever. How can they do this?

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
L,

Well, what do you mean "treat you" as a criminal? What have the authorities specifically done?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

The video surveillance, brain reading surveillance, tracking, staking, etc.

How can there be a warrant on you and you've never been charge with a crime?

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
L,

1) No there cannot be a warrant if you were never charged;

2) As for the surveillance, stalking, tracking, etc - that is your belief and I will honor it but not necessarily agree with it;

3) Title 42, U.S.C., Section 14141 makes it unlawful for state or local law enforcement agencies to allow officers to engage in a pattern or practice of conduct that deprives persons of rights protected by the Constitution or U.S. laws.

Under Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241, it is unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

Someone in your situation may wish to pursue a cause of action under these federal laws if you truly believe this is happening.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok, thanks.

Just getting back to the second replies last portion about about comparing the last question about comparisons. Could you answer please?

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Friend,

Whatever the situation was 7 years ago cannot compare to now. Every situation is different.

No one can make you hire anyone.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Sure I realize that, but would trying to engage in a criminal plot be comparable to say what happened back then? The fact still remains, I did not do anything criminal, never hired anyone or spoken to anyone about doing any criminal acts, yet I'm still being spied on same as before that conversation all those years ago.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, I do not understand your question. Can you please rephrase?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok...on to who to hire for my situation?

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
May I recommend the TX Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP. The area of law is civil rights.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.