Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

Can you have warrant issued just to fingerprint you for evidence

Can you have warrant issued just to fingerprint you for evidence but not charged with the crime by a justice of the peace in texas
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

I need a little more clarification on what is going on. What is the possible crime involved and what makes you believe there is a warrant for fingerprints outstanding?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My son work at a restaurant that had money stolen .. He was told they need his fingerprints cause they think he stole 300.00 dollars. Today they went showed him the warrant and took him in for his fingerprints with out being told he was charged went in and left after being fingerprinted. I think they didn't say anything else a photo of said warrant attached .. Thank you. IMG_1779.JPG
Yes, they can get a warrant for fingerprints if they show a judge that there is a reason to get them. Other than showing him the warrant and taking the prints, there is no other obligation to tell him anything else. Fortunately at this time, he has not been charged.

If he is charged, they will either arrest him or ask him to come in to be booked. There's really no way to know until it happens.

There is nothing more to do right now. The only other thing to consider is ensuring he has an attorney if he is in fact charged. A potential misdemeanor theft conviction on your record is as bad as a felony.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!