Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Is there anything illegal about this email I recieved. I expressed

Is there anything illegal about this email I recieved. I expressed disatisfaction with services rendered and throughout the process I was communicating via my work email address and it was never a problem until I mentioned I would contact the BBB and exercise my right to explain my experience in online reviews (not said in a threatening way). I never made threats and I was never asked to stop communicating until this last email. I am concerned this person is trying to blackmail me by making false claims of harrassment to try to get me fired to keep me silent. Here is the email (names and company name removed)

"Wow,what an incredibly generous company Highmark is to allow you to use company email and servers to send lengthy personal emails especially during normal work hours. In fact I'm pretty sure if you were to check your company handbook it specifically states that that you can not; AND improper use of company communication services and equipment can result in discipline, up to and including termination (I've attached the excerpt for your perusal). It would be a shame if your supervisors and Highmark's board of directors were to receive an email (with email attachments) explaining how you have sent harassing and threatening emails to me, using their email servers, even after I had requested no further communication. Folks like NAME REMOVED ([email protected]),NAME REMOVED ([email protected]), NAME REMOVED & NAME REMOVED may not be very pleased. In fact, I have already drafted an email for them but I am hoping to resolve this without going through that process.

Was there a problem with the Radon test or the Wood Boring Pest inspection? Then why are you requesting a refund for those services? I guess it is because you feel that by threatening bad reviews or a letter to the BBB you have the power to request anything you want. I have been in business for 10 years and have had nothing but good reviews. Your one review will not have the negative effect you fantasize about. In fact, the second I find any bad reviews on-line or from the BBB, I promise you my draft email will be immediately sent to the prior mentioned individuals detailing the threats I have received (from a ((company name - removed)) email account). If necessary, I will meet face to face at (company name - removed) office with your supervisors to question why I have received threats from their email account from an employee during normal work hours. In addition, you can fully expect to hear from my lawyer in regard to slander and defamation.

The primary purpose of a Home Inspection is not to provide monetary negotiating power, it is to inform the client what is wrong with the home so the buyer can make an informed decision whether to buy it or not. A home inspector cannot guarantee the seller will compensate you for any issues that were discovered no matter how they are defined. I would highly recommend that you review the inspection agreement you signed, the scope of the home inspection, and the limitations.

As I stated in my first email to you, I do not wish to communicate with you any further, do not contact me again.

(Here are some helpful links ;))
http://ideas.time.com/2013/01/07/yelp-reviewers-beware-you-can-get-sued/
http://money.usnews.com/money/careers/articles/2008/08/04/7-ways-your-e-mail-can-get-you-fired"

--

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing you information in this regard

Wow, what a cheap shot this person is taking. And, yes, it is borderline blackmail - threatening to reveal something for personal gain.

I suggest that at this time you should consider filing a consumer complaint with the PA Attorney General Office and then let them investigated this company for fraud commtted on you in this regard

Here is the LINK for that contact information

By filing that complaint, the AG will contact them and then investigate the matter. Most times, when the AG gets involved the matter is resolved.

Will this provoke this man to go ahead and contact your employer - maybe. I suggest that you can show your employer the emails and his threats and tell your employer how you feel you have been wronged. I would hope that your employer is not going to discipline you for using the server and emails at work. But It is the way, I suggest to really put this guy in his place. Then there is no recourse for him, the AG will be investigating the matter and also you can then file a criminal blackmail charge with the local District Attorney

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated