Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

what is a pre-trial diversion?

what is a pre-trial diversion?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

A "pre trial diversion" means you agree to probation period, generally it involves some sort of drug rehab and treatment. The probation can be 1 to 3 years depending on what the District Attorney agrees to.

If you are successful in the probation then there will not be any record of any conviction. But if not, then you go to trial

I suggest that you could consult with the District Attorney, but it is best to have a local attorney or the Public Defender do this for you. So, if you cannot afford a private attorey then go to the PD's office and talk to them about this.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated