Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

convicted of attempted battery in1993 movbed to florida

convicted of attempted sexual battery in1993 movbed to florida in1996 from Tenneessee (where I was concited) now on list here in florida on a charge I never heard of (different wording?) can I get off the list here or in TN or both did a six year suspended sentence a class c feleony
Welcome to JustAnswer.

Was the victim of the attempted sexual battery a minor or an adult?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

minor

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was told after ten years I could come off the list inTN if I petition the court I had my voting rights restored after I got off my suspended sentence.

Alright, thank you for the additional information. I have good news and bad news.

Florida law is the applicable law since that is where you reside. First, the bad news. Under Florida law a conviction for attempted sexual battery of a minor designates you as a "sexual predator". "Sexual predators" must register with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for life unless they are pardoned or have the conviction set aside through a post-conviction relief proceeding. A pardon request would have to go through the governor of Tennessee and a petition for post-conviction relief would have to be filed in the Tennessee court where you were convicted. Neither one of these things are likely to be granted.

Now for the good news. You can petition the Florida Circuit Court where you reside to remove your sexual predator designation. Since your conviction was before October 1, 1998, you are eligible to file this petition ten years after the end of your sentence. Based upon the information you provided your suspended sentence would have ended in 1999 thus you became eligible to file such a petition in 2009. One big caveat though you are only eligible to file such a petition if you have not been arrested for any crime since the end of your probation.

I strongly suggest you hire a local attorney to file this petition for you. Judges are going to be reluctant to grant such a petition unless they are convinced you are not a danger. Having a lawyer represent you will greatly increase your chances of success.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was an offender in TN can I get off there list? And getting a lawyer to petition here in Florida get me off the list? (if I am Succesful)