Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

I went in to a Starbucks and did not know anyone there. Some

I went in to a Starbucks and did not know anyone there. Some people were aware of my
presence and let me know it, then a lot of people started acting kind of rude and when I left I saw some other people going in who apparently avoided the Starbucks but now felt they could go in. If a significant number of people in a restaurant are kind of rude and maybe offensive, is it harassment if it bothers me? Is it any offense if the new people going in supported that? I, not another person or some others, appreciate the answer and support.
Welcome back to JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience at Starbucks.

If a significant number of people in a restaurant are kind of rude and maybe offensive, is it harassment if it bothers me?

No, being rude and offensive is not a crime. In the U.S. even if such a law existed it would not be constitutional since the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects the right of people to express themselves even in a rude and offensive manner.

Is it any offense if the new people going in supported that?

For the same reasons I previously mentioned this would not be any type of crime.

Hope that helps!