Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

In the state of NH is there a statute of limitations on prosecuting

In the state of NH is there a statute of limitations on prosecuting a violation of a restraining order?

Possibly. Can you please tell me if this was a

1) Protective Order (arising out of domestic violence);
2) Stalking Protective Order; or
3) A restraining order set by a criminal court in conjunction with an ongoing criminal case?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1) no

2) not exactly, see below

3) no

It was issued to stop abusive phone calls the defendant made to the petitioners residences and places of work.

Okay, thank you.

Can you please tell me:

Who was this individual in relation to the victim? Did they live in the same household?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, a neighbor

Thank you.

Then by method of deduction, it may be safely assumed that this is is a Stalking Protective Order (which may cover more than just stalking, per se). This may be found here.

The individual may be held in civil and criminal contempt. This includes verbal admonishment, fines, costs in having the party bring the motion for contempt, and/or jail time as the Court sees fit. There is no statute of limitations as long as the order is in place.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the link. That helped clarify but I'm not sure if it applies. Does NH differentiate between an order of protection and a restraining order? Our restraining order says Restraining Order, not Order of Protection. It certainly reads like an order of protection since it prohibits any contact from the defendant and prohibits him from abusing or stalking our relatives. But is that enough to make it an Order of Protection? If I should ask this as another question, please let me know and I'll do so.

You are very welcome and yes, it does apply. The point is that one can be held in contempt for violating a restraining order.

The term "restraining order" is a generic term and applies both to Protective Orders (domestic violence) and Stalking Protective Orders (non-domestic violence/stalking).