Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My 24 year old daughter was in a relationship with another

My 24 year old daughter was in a relationship with another similar aged woman in Rogers Arkansas. The 2 of them were charged with a Class A Misdemeanor Domestic Battery in the 3rd Degree on 06/18/13. After no bond was required, she moved back to New Mexico to remove herself from the situation. Her court hearing is Oct. 3rd, What are our options?

Alex J. Esq. :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

Are you online with me?

Alex J. Esq. :

It appears that you are currently offline. Please let me know when you are back online and I will be happy to answer your question. Thanks.

Customer:

I am online.

Alex J. Esq. :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex J. Esq. :

Did your daughter consult and hired a local criminal defense attorney in AK?

Customer:

No, she left for NM as soon as released from Jail for one night.

Alex J. Esq. :

Well, your daughter is facing serious charges and if convicted she can be sentenced to up to 1 year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000

Alex J. Esq. :

So your daughter will have to appear in court on the court hearing dates and it would be a good idea for your daughter to consult and hire criminal defense attorney in AK.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Can she still get a court appointed attouney, or would it be advisable to get one personally?

Alex J. Esq. :

It would be a good idea for your daughter to hire an experienced private criminal defense attorney, since conviction of domestic violence can also cause your daughter to loss some civil rights.

Alex J. Esq. :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Since both individuals have left Arkansas, is it possible the judge will be liniant?

Alex J. Esq. :

It is possible, but will not necessarily true, as crimes of domestic violence are prosecuted very aggressively as a matter of public policy and also most prosecutors are eager to prosecute such crimes.

Alex J. Esq. :

Do you have any related follow up questions?

Customer:

Is there any way to get police evidence photos that were taken of my daughter's injuries, none on the other woman>

Alex J. Esq. :

Sure

Alex J. Esq. :

Your daughter's local attorney will be able to request any evidence during the discovery stage of the criminal case.

Customer:

Thank you.