Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

does the arresting officer have to read you your rights? and

does the arresting officer have to read you your rights? and what if you are arrested, then jailed then out on bond waiting for trial and still never been read your rights?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Reading your rights only matters if you say something that incriminates yourself. If your statement to the police is unnecessary to prosecute you (they have other evidence to use against you), then there is no harm in whether you've been read your rights or not. The only result to not having been read your rights is that the police cannot use anything you say to prosecute you.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.