Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

I had a DUI 18 years ago. Do I have to disclose this on a job

I had a DUI 18 years ago. Do I have to disclose this on a job application? There was a question on the application that said, "Have you ever been arrested?" and "Have you ever had a felony or misdemeanor?"
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

There is no legal expiration date on when you do or do not have to disclose information about your criminal history. If you have a DUI in your past, no matter how long ago it might have been, it still must be disclosed. It is not a crime if you do not disclose it, but if your employer later finds out about it they would certainly have the right to dismiss you from your position.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since this is for a teaching job, they would either do an FBI report or a police report to confirm my answer. Would this show up on the reports or would it show nothing. The state of Virginia where I received the DUI said it would be off my record after 11 years.

I'm not sure who told you that in Virginia, but that is not true. It will always show up in the FBI's NCIC database.