Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My ex-husband was court ordered to wear a SCRAM ankle monitor

My ex-husband was court ordered to wear a SCRAM ankle monitor (in family court). The judge ordered him to go to the adult probation department to obtain the monitor. My ex-husband's wife is an adult probation officer. Apparently, she has told him to not go to the probation department to get the monitor. Can she be reprimanded for obstruction or interfering with a court order?

Hello

My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard

Most times, Judge's do not know where a person should report to to get something done.

The only way it would be obstruction of justice is if the wife is deliberately trying to make your ex violate the Court Order.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She is deliberately telling him to not go to the exact place the Judge ordered him to go to get the monitor.

I followed up with a phone call to the probation dept. and I was told that is where he should go to get the monitor.
Hello

Well, that is where he should go. And if you want to file a statement of charges against her with your local magistrate, then go do that.