S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney.

I feel an obligation to what is morally right and to help the

I feel an obligation to what is morally right and to help the poor law enforcement in this county be accountable for the intentional crimes they unbelievably committed out of spite against me and therefore had set my son up for criminal acts that he had nothing to do with. It has been 8 years since this occurred yet we still suffer with what we know and have proof of yet are still afraid of the retaliation if we expose this information. This is serious. Is there an agency that would be safe to report these malicious acts of crime to ? We are respecters of the law and what it should stand for and yet this county has lots of internal problems.Also a very poor county. Even our Judge was recently charged and has been pulled off the bench for allegedly stealing and taking bribes. I truly believe that an investigation should be done and the information we have would be valuable. It saddens me to not know where to go with this for so long.Can you help?
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Q) Can you help?

If you believe that local law enforcement has acted wrongly against you or someone you know, you have a few options.

First, you could report the behavior to your state's attorney general, Tim Fox. The AG's office can investigate local law enforcement when they are alleged to be involved in wrong-doing.

If the AG's office in Montana is unable or unwilling to assist you, you could also ask the U.S. Department of Justice for assistance. The DOJ also has jurisdiction to investigate local law enforcement if they act illegally or unconstitutionally.

You could also make a report to the FBI. Montana has an FBI field office in Bozeman. Like the DOJ, the FBI can sometimes investigate local law enforcement if they are involved in alleged wrong-doing.

One final option is a civil lawsuit against the law enforcement officer(s) or department for their wrong-doing. The problem with this option is that, because the unlawful acts occurred 8 years ago, the statute of limitations has probably run out on any claim you could make. That means you probably cannot sue anymore because the wrong-doing occurred so long ago.

I'm sorry for what has happened to you and your family. Hopefully, one of the agencies above can assist you or help point you in the right direction.

I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so that I can receive credit for my work. Doing so will NOT cost you any additional fee.

Take care,

I was notified that you rated the answer I gave positively and that you generously applied a bonus payment for my efforts. Thank you so much. I am very pleased and gratified that I was able to help you. I sincerely hope the matter(s) we discussed turn out well for you.

Please ask for me in the future if you have additional questions or concerns. Again, thank you very much for the opportunity to assist you.

Take care,