Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

If a case is dismissed with prejudice, what does it mean?

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

It means that the case can't be refiled again. The case is over for good.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if someone is accused of emotional abuse and the only evidence is the accusing party so pretty much its one persons word against the other would a jury be instructed to side with the accused for lack of evidence?

Very rarely. A Judge doesn't instruct the jury on what verdict to deliver very often. In a case like that it all hinges on who the jury believes so it is extremely unlikely a judge would issue that instruction.