Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

my cousin did her phone interview and all then the case worker

my cousin did her phone interview and all then the case worker called her back because she call the landlord and another person was on there she told her that that person didn't move in because they had a disagreement but she couldnt get that person taken off the lease. the case worker told her she had to add that person to the case and that she will be truning it in to the fraud dept. and if they pick it up then she is in trouble. so my cousin add the person and she told her you know you probly wont get your benifets if you add that person she told the case worker thats fine she just sont want any one to get in to trouble and the case worker said ok ill calll you back with all the info i need other than the name date of birth and ssn that she gave her on the phone for that person but the case worker never called back so she called the 24 hour line that can calll and report stuff on and talked to a worker there that looked at the case notes and told her that there was no note that she had been trunded in for fraud and that it looks to him that she handeled every thing the right was. now my question is if there is no note of it on the case fail and it was denied and refured to another deal is she in trouble and how would she know. im only asking because she dose not have the internet please help she has small kids and scared
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If she ended up properly reporting the additional person on the lease and the case worker never submitted a fraud claim, the your cousin would not be in trouble, even if she might be denied the benefits. At this point there is nothing else she can do to determine if there were any other issues. She needs to simply wait now for the approval or denial of her benefits and not let the original case worker get to her, because her reporting the other person on the lease was exactly what she was supposed to do according to the law.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok so if she did trun it in would it be noted in the case notes i guess is the big thing and if not how do we find out if she did trun it in ?

Thank you for your response.

Yes, it was supposed be in the case notes if she was claiming there was fraud. There is no other way to check on this other than what she already did.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience