Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

What type of crime is a dui considered? If 1st time ever and

What type of crime is a dui considered? If 1st time ever and have extenuating circumstances ( not to infer that charge is justified) does the individual ever receive some reprieve? Are there any actions that he/she could take that might help before appearing? thank you bonti5
Hello and welcome

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard

A 1st time DUI is a misdemeanor The penalty provides for a Possible 6 to 9 months depending on the BAC, fines $500 to $2000 again depending on the BAC, a possible license suspension of up to 1 year, community service and also a possible interlock system if the BAC was .15 or higher

Sometimes, with the help of local, experienced and skilled attorney you can have the DUI reduced to a wet and reckless and while that also is a misdemeanor it is possible to have that expunged and sealed at some point, wherein you cannot with a DUI conviction