Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

proper or recomended responce when asked by police for permission

proper or recomended responce when asked by police for permission to search your vehicle during traffic stop and is it legal to vidiotape the incident?
Hello and welcome

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing you information in this regard.

The simple answer is "No, you do not have my consent to search my vehicle." Nor should you answer any questions that are not related to the stop. For instance, if you are asked where are you going or where you are coming from. You can refused to answer those questions. If you are pressured and continue to be questioned on anything outside to the traffic stop I suggest you tell the officer you are not going to answer and you are going to contact your lawyer or that you will not answer without a lawyer being present.

If you are asked to step out of the vehicle, I suggest you roll up all windows, get out, lock the door and place the keys in your pocket

Of course, if a cop is suspicious and concerned enough and you do not give consent to search your vehicle, they can call for K-9 Backup At that point you are being "detained" A detention should be no more than 15 to 20 minutes and after that, you can tell the officer that you need to be arrested or released because your rights are being violated.

You may video this, but without sound. If you are a party to the conversation, then you may record. You do not need consent of the other parties. However, you cannot have a 3rd party record unless they too are a party to the conversation.