Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

Days without Paxil and Xanix

Had the flu/ forgot to take my daily prescribed paxil & xanix for 5 days/had several nights of sleep deprivation, vomiting/intense diarrahea and didn't eat for several days. Shopping w/my husband, apparently I took tags off (3) necklaces ($50.00)/that I don't remember doing whatsoever & put them in my purse. He purchased other items/I don't remember. A store detective detained us/I fainted in the store (paramedics came)/did not recognize my husband for several minutes. I am simply blank regarding several events that my husband told me we did that day.

Do I have any defense due to complete memory loss of the incident and most of that day.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, this is a legal defense, but in order to avail yourself of the defense and use it, you would have to have a doctor and they will have to testify to the effects of your condition and not taking the medications prescribed to verify the memory loss as a valid medical condition. A doctor's testimony is required to prove this condition because the "I don't remember" defense has been used so much in court and the courts require medical evidence to substantiate such a claim.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.