Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I had an arrest warrant signed by a head investigator on the

Customer Question

I had an arrest warrant signed by a head investigator on the same date as my alleged incident, but the affidavit complaint to support the probable cause for the arrest warrant was not signed until 4 months after the arrest warrant was signed. Is that legal? Is that proper procedure for arrest warrants? Can a case be thrown out due to this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 years ago.

To clarify, you've been arrested and charged but you're still awaiting a date for your first court appearance? And you have been in touch with the court and know for sure that your matter has never been calendared?

Use the reply tab below.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already had my first court apperiance and I also have an attorny that has been working for me in the state of Florida (where my charges are out of) for two and a half years and no results yet. The state of Florida allowed me to leave to reside in the state of WI pending two felonies.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 years ago.
Hello Andrew,

Last questions, because this delay is highly unusual

Are you in Federal Court or state? Is there an incarcerated co-defendant stalling the proceedings? Why does your lawyer say nothing is going on?