Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

I am considering have a person move in with me. There would

I am considering have a person move in with me. There would be mutually consented sex. I would continue to pay bill as I have. Is that consider prostitution of any kind? In FL if that changes things
Good evening,

I'd be happy to help with your legal inquiry. I just want to clarify. So you and your sexual partner will be living together, but you're concerned that it may be a form of prostitution because you pay the rent and the bills. Is that a proper summary?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I am looking more for a roommate whom would be open to sex
I misunderstood your question. I don't have an answer for you, but I will opt out and another expert should be able to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I got a reply saying the expert would opt out, but that has not happened yet
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be glad to help you.

Can you please tell me if there would be a direct agreement of "sex for the free room and board"?

Please provide me with more details on this situation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure. I live alone and pay all of my bills. I have been talking to someone about them moving in. We have talked about sex and the individual has indicated that they are open to the idea. There was no specific sex for free room and board. The individual will be paying for their own food and what not. There will be sex before the individual moves in if that makes a difference. I just want to ensure that the situation would not put me at legal risk.

Thank you for your follow up.

Basically, any adult is free to consent to sexual activity and there is nothing illegal about that, however someone cannot legally have a verbal or written contract which would require sex for something of material value and such contract would not be legally valid or enforceable.

So, as long as, there is no such contract / agreement of free room and board for sex, it would not be illegal for another adult to move in and to consent to sex with the landlord, but the problem would arise if this person no longer consenting to sex, but still wishes to remain in your house which would force you to file for a legal eviction through the local county court, before you would be able to legally remove this person from your house.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are there any precautions that can be taken to ensure there are no issues down the road? Thanks
Thank you for your follow up.

It is always a good idea to have some type of written month to month tenancy agreement with any roommate which would outline all the terms of the roommate arrangement, of course without any type of illegal terms, such as sex, drugs, etc...
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor