Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law

My 28year old son was put on probation after serving a 21/2

My 28year old son was put on probation after serving a 21/2 year sentence. He got out in may 2013. After 2 months of probation his parole officer told him to pay a fee of 250.00 and he would not have to come back again. He is suppose to be on parole for 7 years. This sounds very shady to me. I am afraid this parole officer is going to land him back in jail. Can you tell me what or who we can contact to see if this is right? He was on parole in Louisville Kentucky. Thank you for any info. You can give me

Thelawman2 :

The Kentucky Department of Correction is in charge of overseeing the parole process. You can contact them to get the official information regarding the parole conditions for your son. Their number is XXXXX You can ask them about the situation to make sure that nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

Thelawman2 :

Additionally, you can review the following handbook for some guidance on the parole process: