Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Hello, my name isXXXXX I charge my ex with

Hello, my name isXXXXX I charge my ex with Larceny for opening up my mail for the last 2 years? I have the documentation that shows a cc statement being mailed to her house with only my name on it. In addition, this account was opened up fraudulently.

Thank you.

Actually tampering with your mail is a Federal offense and you would want to report it to the US Postal Inspection Service for investigation and possible Federal prosecution. Here's the complaint form for mail tampering and theft.

Texas does not appear to have a statute in its own penal law for mail tampering. But depending upon the facts, circumstances, the nature of the mail and what was done with it, it might make out a theft offense. What you would have to do is to report this to your local police and tell them that you want her prosecuted for stealing your mail.

The DA will determine from the facts exactly what crime it makes out or if it belongs more properly in Federal court.