shurmust, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  I have completed over fifty jury trials in the last three years and teach part-time at a local state college.

My son was murdered in February in Louisiana. The suspect is

My son was murdered in February in Louisiana. The suspect is being tried soon for First-Degree murder. Can my family wear a button with my son's photo and "We Remember" in the courtroom?
Excellent question! This is an issue that the prosecutor or the government will have to bring to the attention of the Court. There have been some Court's that say this may be "too prejudicial" in front of a jury. Clearly it will depend on how big the button is, what the picture is and what is written. On the other hands, there have been courts that will allow it so long as it does not indicate guilt towards the defendant. However, it would be wise to bring this to the attention of the prosecutor before the Defense sees this because it may become an issue for appeal or ground for a mistrial. Does this make sense?