CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I heard a woman in one of our two condo buildings was arrested

I heard a woman in one of our two condo buildings was arrested by the police for disturbing a neighbor. She has returned recently and I learned a number of residents think she broke windshield wipers off a couple of cars in one of the garages, vandalized two fire extinguishers, then sprayed the fire retardant on the cars.

The police this time took a report, declined to take fingerprints from the cars or fire extinguishers. I think the HOA is being asked to police this criminal. Short of a witness, catching her doing another crime/vandalism/endangering the residents, how can we get this tenant put away, to pay for damages, reimburse the condo owners?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. In order for this to happen, she is going to need to be either caught in the attack by someone or in the alternative, caught on camera. The HOA was strongly want to consider installing cameras for the protection of the residents and their property, throughout the community. If she is caught and there is evidence of her actions, she can be charged criminally and would have to pay restitution. The mere speculation is not enough for her to face criminal or civil charges and there is going to need to be evidence to support it. Another option, if the association has the authority to do so in their by-laws, is to fine her for violations, if she is caught. I understand the desire of the HOA to go after her by there needs to be a basis to support it.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.