Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

Hello...My husband has a court date tomorrow for a felony charge

Hello...My husband has a court date tomorrow for a felony charge but the problem is for the last couple of months he's been all over the place finding a job and he couldn't...I finally was able to save up some money to get him a lawyer so my question is is there anyway we can reschedule his court date tomorrow that way we save some time?? Please help
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Is this the first court date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you foryour reply.. He was arrested back in july 2nd and tomorrow is his first court hearing.

At the first court date nothing is going to necessarily happen anyway. He should show up to court and when his name is XXXXX XXXXX up and answer. The judge will most likely ask him whether he has a lawyer. At that point, he should let the court know he is trying to hire one and would like another court date.

Depending on the court, that next date might be in two weeks or two months, but it will give him time for you to hire counsel.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see. He's native american navajo. so he'll attend a navajo court will this make any difference since their rules might be different from the state law?

It should not make any different. As it is a felony, the case cannot be resolved on the first setting. He will be offered more time to hire a lawyer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He hit an officer and also charged with Public intoxication so He has quite a few charges he must face that's why we can't just accept a lawyer the court is hiring and we need more time.

He will get more time. He is not going to be forced to do anything on the first court date but plead not guilty and get a second court date.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great. So i should rest assure that he'll will get a second court date if he pleads not guilty and asks for it?

That is correct.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much.

You are welcome! Good luck, and please be sure to rate my service before you go.