Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was charged with TA16301 N Person Displaying LIC. Not Issued

I was charged with TA16301 N Person Displaying LIC. Not Issued to Him. I am 23 years old, and tried to use my friend's ID to get into a bar because I accidently left mine at home. Clearly, it didn't work :( It says there is a max of a $500 fine and/or 2 months of jail time. Is it really necessary for me to get a lawyer?

Kirk Adams :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Kirk Adams :

Is this your first offense (other than a traffic ticket)?

Yes, this is my first offense

Kirk Adams : Ok. In that case, it is not likely that you really need an attorney - - this is a relatively minor offense and there's jail time possible but not very likely at all.
Kirk Adams : More than likely, you will receive a minimal fine, no jail time, maybe a few months probation and it will be over.

Probation? Like meeting with a probation officer on a regular basis?

Kirk Adams : Also, if you show up for court and you feel like you're in over our head, you can always ask for a continuance for time to get an attorney.
Kirk Adams : Probation would likely be unsupervised.
Kirk Adams : Meaning that you would not have to report to a probation officer on a regular basis.

Okay good! Thank you so much for your help! Do you have any other advice for me?

Kirk Adams : No problem! Glad to help!
Kirk Adams : If this is your first offense, it should not be a big issue - - when you go to court, dress nice, say yes sir/no ma'am and they should let you go without much of a hassle.

Will do! Thank you

Kirk Adams : SURE. THANK YOU for allowing me to help.