Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I live in Florida and I want to get a concealed weapons permit.

I live in Florida and I want to get a concealed weapons permit. But i have a felony that happened over 10 years ago; adjudication was withheld on the charge but the court wishes were never fulfilled do to not being able to join the military. The case was dismissed when i was told by a recruiter for the army that my case could not be open to join and that i need a degree to get in, After having the degree the laws changed and i was no longer able to join the army. I guess my question is can i still get a concealed weapons permit and is there a way to fix my record.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking

Under FL law you have never been convicted of a felony if the adjudication was withheld and you can buy a firearm. If the case is over three years old then in FL you can also apply for and receive a concealed carry permit according to the FL division of licensing.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.
Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.