Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.

In florida what does conversion(324.201(2)///C/613/02} Financ conversion(316.6461)///I/20

Customer Question

In florida what does conversion(324.201(2)///C/613/02} Financ
conversion(316.6461)///I/208/02) Mainta ans conversion(316.187(2)(a)///I/575/02) Speed

Thank You Iv'e searched and asked many legal "experts" and no one can find out. I hope you can help

My network died in the middle of the paypal transaction so please dont charge twice
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.

Are these from an online court docket? Oftentimes, they abbreviate and are not always accurate. Can you give some context of where this came from and what it pertains to. The numbers relate to Florida statutes for various traffic and vehicle related offenses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont know what these mean, and the seriousness of them since they are criminal offenses At this oint I am not satisfied, For example, it could be any where from a speeding ticket to a stolen vehicle. In need more specifics for each "conversion". A traffic related offense is far too broad and vague.

What other information can I give you, I know it was in Palm beach florida criminal court. Other than that you have everything. I prefer you take your time to do the research since it is very important to me.

Alright, I just like to have all the information possible so I can give you a complete and thorough answer.

In legal terminology the word "conversion" is a civil legal tort that pertains to a person illegally converting someone else's property to themselves. Basically, if someone steals your property they can be criminally prosecuted for larceny or theft but you could also sue them for conversion. Since all of the statute numbers are criminal rather than civil and are not theft offenses the word "conversion" does not appear to be legally significant in this context. It is probably just a word they are using that relates to their data entry format.

The first statute you cited, 324.201(2), makes it a crime for someone who has had their license or registration suspended for failure to maintain insurance to obtain another vehicle to avoid the registration suspension. Here is a link to the statute:

The second statute, 316.646(1) makes it illegal to not maintain auto insurance. Here is a link to the statute:

The third one is the speeding statute. Here is a link to that statute:

It appears the person was cited for three things: speeding, failure to maintain insurance, and obtaining another vehicle after their license/registration had previously been suspended for failure to maintain insurance.
I spent a great deal of time researching this answer for you. What part of your question did I not answer that caused you to rate my answer as "poor"?