Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Defendant had 4 days scheduled for a felony jury trial. This

Defendant had 4 days scheduled for a felony jury trial. This was marked as "date certain" and was not a backup. The judge later stated that she was unavailable on those dates and moved the trial a month and a half later.

The judge now has a full schedule on all 4 days including a 2 day divorce trial.

This seems suspicious since the prosecutor in the case actually had two trials scheduled with different judges on the original trial dates.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

Is there a specific question I could assist you with? I have read your facts.

Customer:

I was just wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about or if I'm just being paranoid.

JD 1992 :

No, it's not unusual for courts to move cases around. They will bend over backwards to help the prosecution in scheduling but there is nothing that can be done about it.

Customer:

ok then.

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can assist with before I exit to help others?

Customer:

thats all. thanks

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.