LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

Does the police station verify your date of birth when you

Does the police station verify your date of birth when you are arrested?

Good afternoon Jim,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A basic background check is done following an arrest and booking to look for prior offenses, and when that "rap sheet" comes back, it will have the correct birth date---and so in that manner, any difference in date of birth provided, or recorder by the officer, in the most recent arrest can be seen if it is looked for. But date of birth is not something that is typically specifically looked at unless there is reason to not believe the person arrested.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are looking at arrest records that have similar looking mug shots, exact same name and alias's, same location but different birth date by two or three years. We were wondering if the guy can be messing around with his birth date.

Hi Jim,

It would appear that the different dates of birth are just additional aliases of this same individual.

While it is a possibility that the police are making an error in posting the information to his file, it is more likely that he is really just giving different birth dates to the arresting officer.

I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Jim. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have, or simply ask for me by name in the first sentence of your new question:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.